Board Approves HVAC Bid, SRO Contract

The Bourbon School Board on Thursday awarded a bid to Juergens Heating & Cooling for HVAC at the SOAR (Student Opportunity for Academic Recovery) building.

The bid totaled $6,957 and will provide a significant upgrade on the current system, which cools the building with window units and heats it with baseboards.

Board members also approved a contract for a school resource officer (SRO) with the city of Bourbon for the 2019-2020 year. The district pays 75 percent of the expenses with the city of Bourbon picking up the other 25 percent.

The biggest change is that the school has dropped flex time and will pay the SRO overtime for after-school activities.

Bourbon city council members must approve the contract as part of its 2019-2020 fiscal year budget.

The district also approved Thera-Peds occupational therapy service agreement, approved a speech pathologist agreement with Kathryn Runge and psychological examiner agreement with Linda Cuneio.

Sullivan Independent News

Sullivan Independent News
411 Scottsdale
Sullivan, MO 63080

Phone: 573-468-6511
Fax: 573-468-4046